Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player
Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
I am planning to implement a computer configuration which will have four VM clients running in Windows 7 64 bit which will each run 2 macro miners.

Some questions. How do I hide the IP address of the 4 VM clients so they give CCP no information.

Should I run a single software package on the host machine like Ghostsurf or should each of the VM clients run a copy of Ghostsurf or similar and thus be independent. Is it just enough to hide the address of the host machine & should the VM clients be using NAT?

I've ordered 2 multiple port network adapters but I don't know yet whether VMplayer will allow assignment of each client to a unique network adapter or whether I would need to go for the full version or use ESX4.

I would be grateful for any help.
Dinky
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Dinky wrote:
I am planning to implement a computer configuration which will have four VM clients running in Windows 7 64 bit which will each run 2 macro miners.

Some questions. How do I hide the IP address of the 4 VM clients so they give CCP no information.

Should I run a single software package on the host machine like Ghostsurf or should each of the VM clients run a copy of Ghostsurf or similar and thus be independent. Is it just enough to hide the address of the host machine & should the VM clients be using NAT?

I've ordered 2 multiple port network adapters but I don't know yet whether VMplayer will allow assignment of each client to a unique network adapter or whether I would need to go for the full version or use ESX4.

I would be grateful for any help.

I don't think you can hide your IP address the way you are expecting to. There are two possible ways for CCP to capture the IP address, they can catch it using the Eve app on the client side and get net config information on the precise VMWare system you are using and they can catch it on their server side from the IP address you connect from which would be your ISP assigned address.

From CCP's server side, ultimately, all of your VMWare images and host PC will have the same MAC address and IP address because if your internet connection is the same as most of the population's, you are behind a router your you have a PC acting as a gateway that uses NAT to connect to the internet. In both cases your IP address and MAC address will be the same no matter how many VMware images you run.

Ghostsurf probably won't be any help. The anonymous IP technology they use is a simple proxy through some arbitrary public host. The problem with those are that they are extremely slow and will cause alot of lag. Also, I thought GhostSurf is specific to web browsing only. I'm not sure if you can anonymously route the port that the Eve client uses.

The solution you are looking for might be possible but would take alot of investigation. What you are looking to do is make it look like each VMWare session is connecting to the Eve servers from a unique IP address. But what you are proposing will not do what you want.
abelhaz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Iam using a VPN tunnel okay that cost about 5 Euros a Month but iam safe..

helped me Alot in other games were i got banned with my bot account. my Mainaccount was always safe!
Immerich
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 659
I know CCP ban account "just in case" if it uses too many IPs to login. Services which rotates IP's somehow (like TOR network) are not OK. VPN for $5/month + VMWare should be better choice.
Slav2
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re:Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
I worked out a solution to this.

My PC now has 5 network cards which bridge 4 VMware clients. Each connects to the internet using a separate VPN account thus getting its own unique IP address in a different country!

My testing shows that each of the clients is given a different MAC address from each of the network cards as it is the motherboards card that communicates with the internet router through a Cisco switch.

I will let you know how I get on with this setup.
Dinky
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Which VPN provider(s?) do you use?
SirrJonn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2019
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin