Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta
Re: Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
turringtest wrote:
I got to :

Follow the link in my signature to Eve Pilot Settings (Step 1), and follow the instructions to set and save the hotkey for Minimize/Maximize All Windows as Ctrl-Alt-W.

and that's where I stopped..no clue what you are talking about , people who make something tend to make the worst tutorials because they assume everyone knows what they are talking about.. shame i could have used a script like this

Jeez, with praise like that, how could I NOT want to help you??

What did you find confusing? Did you click the link? Do you know how to find the shortcuts setting in Eve?
AbbadonDespoiler
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
daniel_john wrote:
Hi.

I got the bot to work to the extend that it opens the mail, work out the best route and leave the station. Getting at the first "pickup" station it will sometimes successfully pick the item up and leave for the next station where it will fall over while trying to pick up the next item. It so far never could get past the second station. Then it will start over and all will be repeated.

I made sure that there is only one item in each station. Haul size is not the problem as I start off with an empty Haul and then I only try and pick up very small items 1^m.

I love the idea of this script and can definitely make use of it very often so please tell me what I should do to give you the right information to see if you can fix this.

Kind regards.

I'm sorry, I can't reproduce your problem. When, precisely, does it stop working? Like what it does it attempt to do right before crashing?
AbbadonDespoiler
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
turringtest wrote:
I got to :

Follow the link in my signature to Eve Pilot Settings (Step 1), and follow the instructions to set and save the hotkey for Minimize/Maximize All Windows as Ctrl-Alt-W.

and that's where I stopped..no clue what you are talking about , people who make something tend to make the worst tutorials because they assume everyone knows what they are talking about.. shame i could have used a script like this

I used this script a few weeks ago. It works.
Did you follow the link in my signature and look for how to change eve settings and hotkeys so that eve Pilot remembered them? Lack of reading comprehension is not hos problem.
First of all, these things are not easy to make. In fact, he's freely sharing something that i know took him weeks of research, development, and testing to get it ready to share. Programming is one of the most nitpicky and frustrating things that anyone can do. The best way i can describe it to a lay person is that it is like having to write instructions on how to navigate a maze while blindfolded, except the maze can change while in it, and you don't get to bring a map. But even when you've figured out the right way to do it, it still doesn't work. Why? Well you're not told why. Your instructions are given to a literature professor who just says ”Nope” or "It all works" without a single reason why. Ot could be grammar, spelling, or ambiguous word definition. Finally you get it working all the way through, only to see your hard work to fail for yet another way you were never told the maze could change. And for someone to do it for free is pretty freaking amazing. No, your comment wasn't that harsh, but it definitely lacked in respect in light of the effort it took him. No, the instructions aren't 100% spelled out. But they did say where to get them and the key words to find what you need. I'll admit that his scripts are lacking in helpful debug information, but you didn't even put in an iota of effort to analyze and fix your problem.

Since you couldn't figure out how to find it, Here's the part about eve settings from my thread.

You can permanently tweak your Eve settings without a first run, like hotkeys or asteroids in overview. Start EP as you normally would and once it has logged into the eve character, pause and close Eve Pilot. Be careful you don't change something and break the bot. In Eve change whatever you want. X out or close Eve normally. Open Eve Pilot, use EVE Settings Operations to save the eve settings you just changed. (Best to backup/save your settings (same link) first in case you mess up.)
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Having some trouble getting this to wotk
Any Help would be appreciated.

Followed Iniminate's step by step on two different machines, but I seem to be missing something, or something changed.

Seems to be some sort of issue with it opening the sent mail folder and clicking on the mail.

Bot loads , opens mail , closes mail, opens mail, undocks and then just hangs there...

Am I missing a step here? Does the mail window need to be manually configured? Only 1 eve mail in the sent

Thanks
redrumredrum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm no longer supporting this module. I'll remove it from my signature.
AbbadonDespoiler
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm: Open Beta 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 33
Most of the functionality was absorbed by Eve Pilot.
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2020
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin