Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings
Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
After the last update... Norton security keeps telling me that Miner is doing things is shouldn't see attached photos. I don't believe this is a threat and have allowed it to do it a few times with no noticeable ill effects. I would like it to stop though and I am wondering what miner is doing... EveMinerError.jpg
Kero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2020/01/12 11:31 By Kero.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 689
If bot does something it is intended. This location correspond to eve launcher cache which may be cleared in some scenario. Antivirus may flag this as suspicious: one program access files of another program.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
mine has flagged it in the past as well but i know for a fact its safe as i have worked with this program for many years and i trust Slav .. but as said its just in how it handles and it will come up as flagged from time to time
t1000
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
I have watched what bot is doing via its logs, its logs say nothing about writing to this area, so it makes me wonder what it's doing. I am [u][b]not[u/][b/] saying it's unsafe..., I have continued to use it and in fact plan on getting the multiple pilots version, once I figure out how to make it work with one monitor. in the past few days, it has gotten more aggressive in its attempts to write to this and other location(s). I have checked the rest of my system and found nothing unusual.

Again, I wish to know what it is doing writing in my shared character cache when I have only one license, what is it attempting to write? what is it tracking? why is it tracking it? Macro-labs has NOT lost any of my trust thus far. Truly I wish the flag would go away, yet at the same time, I learned a long time ago... don't ignore anti-virus or malware warnings...

Also, I wish to report a bug... Miner keeps trying to unload my Ore Bay into space..... after it has mined. Before the update Miner was working great. now, after the update when the Ore cargo hold is full, it no longer flys to the station to unload... it simply tries to unload in space and when it cannot do that it crashes. I have done everything I can think of with settings to correct it, without success. I am unable to use Miner with this error.

Also is there a way to assign a greater value to Spod, then Ark, Biost, Crokite, etc so bot mines any version of them first when I have multiple ores selected.
Kero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings 1 Month ago Karma: 689
It does not write to eve launcher cache folder, it may only erase it which uses write access rights to a folder. Don't rely on antivirus reports. If you need more info use process monitor by microsoft to figure out what programs are really do.

There was a bug with eve launcher after update from old launcher to new. People could not login to the website because of cookies remained from old launcher and not compatible with new launcher. These cookies stored in eve launcher cache and bot is deleting all the cache if you click delete cookies button. That is the only place where bot is accessing eve launcher cache folder.

Also, I wish to report a bug... Miner keeps trying to unload my Ore Bay into space..... after it has mined. Before the update Miner was working great. now, after the update when the Ore cargo hold is full, it no longer flys to the station to unload... it simply tries to unload in space and when it cannot do that it crashes. I have done everything I can think of with settings to correct it, without success. I am unable to use Miner with this error.

Redo first run and dont chage default positions of windows. If this will not help, send me log file as per link in my signature. Also check in about box of the bot that you use latest version which atm is 9.13.16
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Security Issue....Repeated threat warnings 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I cannot get Miner to work at all, after the launcher change... I tried re-running the first run and it has failed repeatedly. Now that I am aware of the Cache issue I will wipe the launcher cache myself and try first run again.

Update:
I have played with resetting everything... nothing has worked. I sent you the crash report, logs, etc. for you to review.
For the 21 days, I have had eveminer... I have gotten to work correctly for 9 days... I don't understand why I am having such problems with this program working correctly...

Get back too me...
Kero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2020/01/22 21:36 By Kero.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2020
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin